This position will focus on product data and business intelligence and will support a wide range of business initiatives including analytics, reporting, product filings and the development of new product capabilities in collaboration with various rating Platforms. The position will work closely with multiple business and IT areas including agency operations, the business intelligence community, representatives from individual business units and enterprise applications. Apply now!
- Ability to work on complex problems / projects where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors.
- Support product management by delivering critical analytical insights; research, conduct high-quality analyses, reports, and communicate key product performance metrics.
- Research key business data using statistical analysis and data mining to understand historical patterns that can be utilized to improve business performance.
- Develops the programming of scalable and flexible data reporting and analysis solutions to fulfill the needs of the team.
- Monitors product performance/results in coordination with actuarial, loss analytic and performance analytics.
- Monitor the marketplace for emerging opportunities and identify competitor and industrial changes impacting the effectiveness of the current product offers and pricing position.
- Work with business stakeholders to provide technical and analytical leadership, controlling aspects of the development of project deliverables including cross-functional program management, data gathering and manipulation, analysis and modelling, and communication of insights and recommendations.
- Provides data mining, pattern and root cause analyses to help business units understand areas of untapped opportunity. Find areas of weakness and opportunity based on book performance. Formulates an analytic data-driven approach to address business questions around product, pricing, processes and/or underwriting rules to take advantage of opportunities and strengthen weaknesses.
- Works with product management and actuaries in developing and filing class, rate and / or form filings.
- Provide, create, and develop automated technical solutions to complex manually intensive processes via Microsoft tools.
- Provide guidance, collaboration, and execution of advanced data analysis. Enhance/maintain departmental data/databases.
- Participate in testing and QA work of various inputs to and outputs from the data warehouse and Business Intelligence application(s).
- 2-5 years as a product analyst performing roles and responsibilities listed above
- College degree preferred
- Advanced/solid understanding of personal insurance business. This includes understanding of products, coverage’s, claim, underwriting, distribution channels, and business/sale centers.
- Leadership, innovation and initiating skills.
- Critical thinking, problem solving and data analysis skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Must be team oriented and have excellent collaboration skills
- Advanced proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access and SQL
- Experience in Property Casualty insurance
- Experience in business process and/or data analysis and data profiling;
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships with Staff, Clients and Insurance Carriers;
- Ability to Communicate with others in an effective and friendly manner, one that is conducive to be a conscientious team member, fostering a spirit of good will, indicative of a professional environment and atmosphere;
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain complex issues, receive and interpret complex information;
- Able to represent the Company in a professional manner and contribute to the Corporate Image;
- Able to consistently provide excellent client service.
- This is an exempt position which complies with alternative work schedule when applicable;
- This position may require mandatory overtime;
- The office is that of a highly technical company supporting a paperless environment;
- Travel may be required;
- Vision abilities to work at close range and with small print;
- Physical efforts required include, but may not be limited to, repetitive small motor activity, grasping, ability to sit for extended periods of time; up to 6-8 hours per day, verbally communicating detailed and important information to others quickly and accurately, stooping, reaching, standing, lifting light objects under 10 pounds frequently and climbing occasionally (small step ladder to reach supplies).
Salary Range: $65,000 – $85,000 annual
Only well-qualified candidates need apply
*Equal Employment Opportunity Employer