Aspire General Insurance Services, a leading non-standard, CA auto insurance company is seeking a talented and motivated person for the position of Operations Supervisor. This position performs essential functions for the company. If you thrive on challenge, possess high energy, & want to excel, you are the candidate we want! Competitive pay plus Benefits,401K and PTO! Apply now!
Under the direction of the Operations Director, the Operations Supervisor performs the essential functions of the position, which includes but is not limited to supervising a team of Processors and Quality Assurance Specialists. The Supervisor will ensure that the team meets underwriting standards and performs essential functions at or above the quality and service standards of Aspire General. The Operations Supervisor facilitates the daily operations related to Underwriting and Facilities, including but not limited to the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management of staff members who independently perform various underwriting support activities;
- Provide direction in ensuring all compliance standards are achieved in processing new business, endorsements, reinstatements, renewals, payments, and quality assurance, etc.;
- Provide feedback and recommendations to leadership on process and system improvement initiatives for the department;
- Audits and Quality Control on New Business, Renewals, Payments, Endorsements, Phone Calls, Etc.
- Ensure service standards are met in terms of quality, timing of referrals, delivery of quotes, binders, invoices and policies to customers;
- With the approval of Upper Management creates and implements department policies and procedures;
- In addition to on boarding training of new team members, provide on-going training and support for team members
- Documents standardized practices and procedures;
- Creates action plans and conducts analysis of compliance and risk management;
- Assures quality by complying with multi state Department of Insurance policies and procedures;
- Provide recommendations on process improvements and track in Management Oversight initiatives;
- Assist with continual refinement of project management methodologies;
- Review with Product Management team any issues / challenges with development and provide recommendations for remediation;
- Managing crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems; by implementing temporary solutions;
- Identify and documents processes need to support the ongoing development to support the product/platform;
- Report to Management as soon there is an awareness of any issues or concerns which may be detrimental to the department or company; recommend policies and procedures to leadership regarding quality issues that may arise;
- Complies with state and federal laws, Department of Insurance criteria, insurance carrier and Aspire’s policies, procedures and work rules;
- Along with other team supervisors and/or department manager set hours and manage time off requests to ensure proper coverage;
- Along with support from department manager and/or HR manage any performance issues including but not limited to development and implementation of performance management plans;
- Communicate and provide timely notification to the Human Resources Department for all things related to employee attendance, punctuality or possible leave related situations;
- Report to management as soon there is an awareness of any issues or concerns which may be detrimental to the department or company;
- Maintain that sensitive information regarding employees and the Company is kept confidential;
- Other Duties as assigned.
SKILL AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- 1-2 years Supervisor experience;
- Industry experienced preferred;
- Ability to manage increased levels of responsibility;
- Ability to train and lead others;
- Strong knowledge of insurance terminology, concepts and coverage and ability to read, analyze and interpret industry periodicals, technical procedures and governmental regulations;
- Familiar with Microsoft Office; ability to use Internet and adapt to new software programs and changes in technology quickly;
- Ability to set priorities and perform multiple tasks;
- Ability to solve practical problems; deal with concrete variables in situations; and to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form;
- Ability to negotiate;
- Ability to adapt to a paperless environment.
$50,000-$60,000 per year, depending on experience.
Only well-qualified candidates need apply
*Equal Employment Opportunity Employer