Aspire General Insurance Services is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of IT Support Technician to join our team! The IT Support Technician will serve as the first point of contact for internal and external customers seeking technical assistance. The technician must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral. They must be able to clearly and effectively communicate both the problem and its solution to the customer. They must be courteous, patient, and actively engaged when conducting customer conversations, as well as follow-up regularly or as scheduled. Exceptional customer service skills are essential.
The technician will employ diagnostic and investigative techniques to determine the root cause of the customer issue and the best solution. Troubleshooting may be done in person, via phone, or by remote screen-sharing session. The technician must be customer-oriented, responding to requests in a timely manner and proactively resolving any future issues that might arise. Any trouble ticket issues outside the technician’s level of expertise may be escalated to another technician or the Help Desk Manager.
Competitive pay plus Benefits, 401K and PTO! Apply now!
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries related to systems, hardware, or software.
- Respond to queries in person, over the phone, or via email, walking the customer through the troubleshooting process.
- Provide an exceptional customer service experience in a customer-centric environment.
- Gather problem details, identify exact technical issue, repair the issue, and prevent the issue from occurring again.
- Log detailed ticket notes.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support.
- Follow up with customers to ensure continued resolution.
- Respond to and resolve system-generated alerts.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and peripherals.
- Author tutorial documents and knowledgebase articles for customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience
- 1 or more years in customer service, telesales, or another phone-centric job role. Experience with previous technical support role preferred.
- Experience with Windows 7 and higher.
- Foundational knowledge of networking concepts, experience with Windows server OS, and security concepts and applications.
- Customer-oriented attitude.
- Passion, interest in, and aptitude for IT.
- Analytical problem-solving skills.
- Driven independent learner, and self-starter.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively on both ticket/task-based and project-based activities.
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, and a team player.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- CompTIA Network+ Certification or equivalent
- Knowledge of networking concepts: LAN/WAN, Routing/Switching, DNS, DHCP VLAN, VPN, QoS, Firewall Policies
- Experience with GPO, AD, Print Server, Windows 2012 R2+
- Experience with anti-virus, patching, backup, and recovery
- Experience with cloud and premise-based PBX/VoIP systems
- Experience with Office 365 and G-Suite administration
- Experience with RMM (remote monitoring & maintenance) tools and ticket management systems
- Able to sit or stand for 8 hrs. at a time.
- Able to lift and/or move 20 kilograms.
- Viable transportation for transit to other sites when necessary.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or industry equivalent experience.
- CompTIA A+ or equivalent
- Hourly compensation of $15-$20/hour. Depending on experience.
Only well-qualified candidates need apply
*Equal Employment Opportunity Employer