Under direction of the CFO, In-House General Counsel performs the essential functions of the position, which may include, but is not limited to, duties as described below:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing accurate, relevant, and timely advice to your employer and other members of staff on a variety of legal topics that relate to the business sector and their products or services.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating various commercial contracts and agreements and regulatory filings as needed.
- Managing and mitigating legal risks by designing and implementing company policies and procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations that apply to the business.
- Promoting legal, compliance and risk management best practice throughout the company.
- Communicating with and managing any third-party bodies such as external counsel or auditors
- Designing and delivering legal training to the business.</li?
- Staying up-to-date with changes to legislation, particularly in relation to laws, rules and regulations that directly affect your business and specific industry.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Sound understanding and knowledge of commercial and corporate law.
- Juris Doctorate degree required.
- Must currently be admitted to practice law with the CA State Bar
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent negotiating and drafting skills.
- The ability to communicate complex legal issues and risks in terms that non-legal colleagues can understand.
- The ability to work in a highly autonomous role.
- Ability to consistently follow company policies and procedures.
- Ability to adapt to a paperless environment.
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships with Staff, Clients and Insurance Carriers.
- Ability to be a team player and work cohesively with other staff to achieve company goals.
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner and contribute to the Corporate Image.
- Ability to treat others with respect and consideration in the spirit of cooperation.
- Ability to consistently provide excellent client service.
- This is an exempt position which complies with alternative work schedule when applicable.
- This work environment is fast-paced and accuracy is essential to successful task completion.
- The office is that of a highly technical company supporting a paperless environment.
- Travel may be required.
- Vision abilities to work at close range and with small print.
- Physical efforts required include typing, repetitive small motor activity, grasping, stooping. reaching, standing, lifting light objects under 10 pounds frequently and climbing occasionally (small step ladder to reach supplies).
Only well-qualified candidates need apply
*Equal Employment Opportunity Employer