Under direction of the CFO, In-House General Counsel performs the essential functions of the position, which may include, but is not limited to, duties as described below:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing accurate, relevant, and timely advice to your employer and other members of staff on a variety of legal topics that relate to the business sector and their products or services.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating various commercial contracts and agreements and regulatory filings as needed.
- Managing and mitigating legal risks by designing and implementing company policies and procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations that apply to the business.
- Promoting legal, compliance and risk management best practice throughout the company.
- Communicating with and managing any third-party bodies such as external counsel or auditors
- Designing and delivering legal training to the business.</li?
- Staying up-to-date with changes to legislation, particularly in relation to laws, rules and regulations that directly affect your business and specific industry.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Sound understanding and knowledge of commercial and corporate law.
- Juris Doctorate degree required.
- Must currently be admitted to practice law with the CA State Bar
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent negotiating and drafting skills.
- The ability to communicate complex legal issues and risks in terms that non-legal colleagues can understand.
- The ability to work in a highly autonomous role.
- Ability to consistently follow company policies and procedures.
- Ability to adapt to a paperless environment.
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships with Staff, Clients and Insurance Carriers.
- Ability to be a team player and work cohesively with other staff to achieve company goals.
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner and contribute to the Corporate Image.
- Ability to treat others with respect and consideration in the spirit of cooperation.
- Ability to consistently provide excellent client service.
- This is an exempt position which complies with alternative work schedule when applicable.
- This work environment is fast-paced and accuracy is essential to successful task completion.
- The office is that of a highly technical company supporting a paperless environment.
- Travel may be required.
- Vision abilities to work at close range and with small print.
- Physical efforts required include typing, repetitive small motor activity, grasping, stooping. reaching, standing, lifting light objects under 10 pounds frequently and climbing occasionally (small step ladder to reach supplies).
*Equal Employment Opportunity Employer